KouChat v0.9.9 is out!
December 28, 2008 - Christian Ihle
I released KouChat version 0.9.9 yesterday, 11 months after 0.9.8.
What happened? My plan was to release 1.0 shortly after 0.9.8, because my todo list was getting very short. I didn’t really have any big plans for the next release. So I took a break! Then I started to use Vista at work, and noticed that Vista handled networking in a very strange way which KouChat didn’t expect.
And then I got suggestions of improvements and feature requests. And I wanted to do a lot of documentation, and testing. And take more breaks! Hey, where did those months go!?
Well, here’s what you can expect in this release:
- Hopefully better handling of the network connection
- Smileys :)
- A choice of which look and feel to use
- Tweaks to the user interface, especially with the GTK+ and Nimbus look and feels
- Improvements to notifications when a new message arrives
- Lots of new code documentation
- Open folder button on the file transfer dialog
- Support for running KouChat on more advanced local networks with routers
- Misc tweaks and fixes all over
You might also have noticed that I brushed up the web site with more screenshots and more information.
Have fun :)